Our best travel tips! Travel can spark some serious anxiety but here are some hacks to stay sane. We also chat with Samantha Broxton (@sisterlocked), founder of Sister Locked and Raising Self, on FOMO (fear of missing out) and how it can rob us of our zen.
In this episode we talked about:
- Buying one of everything, using refillable containers, labeling everything with a label maker, and investing in a hanging toiletries bag.
- Kristen swears by the American Express Platinum card for it’s awesome travel perks including lounge access (free food!) at most airports, rental car upgrades, travel help, insurance, and monthly uber credits.
- Try Global Entry with PreCheck to make the wait in both TSA and customs lines much shorter.
- Travel with your own tea and mini candles to make your hotel room feel like home
- Wear your big clothes, Joey-style
- Sarah recommends the Away carryon for its awesome charging dock. Kristen recommends Amazon Basics for a really affordable but well-reviewed luggage option.
- Travel with an external battery or charging case to make sure you don’t run out of juice in the air.
Be sure to check out Samatha’s awesome instagram account.
Daily Burn is the world’s leading provider of on-demand video workout programs you can do at home or anywhere with a connected device. They have thousands of classes for every level of athlete and time frame, and an active online community if you feel you need that extra boost of motivation. Visit DailyBurn.com/SELFIE to start your FREE sixty-day trial.
We also talked about a fantastic sponsor: The Princeton Review’s Homework Help, an on-demand tutoring site that can match your child to a tutor in less than a minute, anytime, and from anywhere. It’s super easy, and over 70 subjects are covered. If your child is struggling with a tough problem, or studying for a test, these tutors are lifesavers. You can try 60 minutes of on-demand tutoring for free. Go to princetonreview.com/selfie to start your free trial.