Taking care of yourself is absolutely critical to being a happy and healthy you. Especially as moms! As they say, you can’t pour from an empty cup. Join us as we talk through a more holistic approach to self care, going beyond the typical manicure/massage treatments. Although, that’s pretty important, too.
Links Mentioned in the Episode:
- Drink Recipe: Coconut Slushie
- Larisa’s Book Recommendation on not being the ‘yelly mom’: Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids
- The Mom Hour: More Than Mom Episode on Hobbies
- Healthy Workplace: Crunchy Cocktail Hour, Episode 19
- Blank self care wheel
Featured Cocktail: Coconut Slushie
Is there anything more refreshing in the summer than a Popsicle? How about a popsicle in a cocktail? Now we’re talking! This Coconut slushie is perfect for those super hot days where you just need to cool down. Bonus, you don’t even need ice since the Popsicle keeps your drink nice and cold.
5 ounces Sparkling Water (I used lime)
1 Creamy Coconut popsicle
Optional: 1 oz Vodka
- Juice the lime into a glass and add the sparkling water (and optional vodka). Stir to combine
- Add the popsicle!
- Garnish with a lime and enjoy!
Sponsor Spotlight: Young Woodworkers
Young Woodworkers makes it easy for your kids to become makers and builders with their all-in-one woodworking kits for kids ages 7-12. This is a great way to get kids off the screens and into a satisfying project this summer! We’ve partnered with Young Woodworkers to offer big savings on your first shipment. You’ll pay only $9.99 plus postage and processing for the first kit — a 50% discount! Just visit youngwoodworkers.com/crunchy.