Did you know you can totally pass off stretch pants as street clothes now?
In today’s episode of The Home Hour, Shana Draugelis of The Mom Edit shows us how. (Hint: it’s all about the jacket, the boot, and the accessories.)
We also discuss updating your wardrobe for fall by focusing on just a few key pieces, how to wear a hat without looking goofy, and whether or not short hair needs to be shampooed.
And in the intro, I share a really big parenting mistake I made this week, how I was able to turn it around and make it right, and what I learned about reaching for “Pinterest perfection” in our home projects.
Listen now! (Or scroll down to find links to some of the stories and resources we discussed in the show!)
Some of my favorites of Shana’s style suggestions:
- Faux leather leggings from Nordstrom
- Over-the-knee boots – these are a little more affordable than the ones we discussed on the show!
- Moto boots – I love these so much.
- Military boots – No wait…maybe I love these more. Do I have to choose?
- Leopard baseball hat – do I have the guts to try this?
- A great structured jacket by Loft – nice price on this one, too.
- Awesome drapey cape from Anthropologie (I must have this. I must have this.)
- During the show I got really excited about these textured leggings from Lou & Grey
- I also mentioned these ombre tights from Athleta
- I own these scuba-side-panel leggings from Express and love them, love them, love them.
More style posts:
- Shana also wrote a whole post about fall jackets recently, which you’ll definitely want to check out, along with the post she just did today with her must-haves for fall.
- Oh, and here’s Shana’s post from a few years back that features me trying on goofy hats at Meijer!
Would you like to ask Shana a style question?
Or ask me a question about any old thing?
Just record it right in your browser below, and your question might become part of the show! (Don’t see the record button? Just click this link to record.)
P.S.: If you liked this show, I’d LOVE for you to subscribe or leave a rating or review on iTunes. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit the podcast page here and click “View in iTunes.”
- From there you’ll see an option to subscribe, and all new episodes will download to your computer or device automatically. You’ll also see a tab in iTunes called Ratings and Reviews.