What does it mean to “pivot” in your business, and what are the essential things you need to know to make a pivot successful? In this episode of LifeWork, we define the process of testing, iterating, and if needed, pivoting, and share resources to help you implement that process in your own business.
- What is pivoting?
- Why “the idea is not the thing”
- A description of lean startup process
- Why a product doesn’t have to be perfect before it goes to market
Links and Resources:
- The Startup Owner’s Manual: The Step-By-Step Guide for Building a Great Company (Steve Blank)
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses (Eric Ries)
- Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers (Alexander Osterwalder)
- Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want (Strategyzer) (Alexander Osterwalder)
- The Profit (TV show on CNBC)
- Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job & Your Dream Job (Jon Acuff)