I loved delving into Nicole’s question this week, about being kind in a world that often doesn’t seem to value kindness. Take a listen, to learn tips and tricks on how and why to keep kindness at the forefront, even when the news cycle inspires cynicism.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Washington Post: “Wired for Kindness: Science Shows How We Prefer Compassion“
- New York Times article: “A Hair Stylist Provides Free Cuts to the Homeless“
- CBS Los Angeles: “Celebrity Stylist Gives Homeless the Star Treatment on Thanksgiving“
- Washington Post article: “An Undocumented Immigrant Saved a Child Dangling from a Paris Balcony. Now He’s a National Hero.”
- Quiet Revolution: “6 Science-Backed Ways Being Kind is Good for your Health“
- Shawn Achor’s TEDx talk: “The Happy Secret to Better Work“
- Make Light Season 3, Episode 01 on setting boundaries
(And don’t forget: if you have a question or a challenge that you’d like tackled here on The Make Light Show, simply email email@example.com, and you might just see your question answered on an upcoming episode!)
Sponsor Spotlight: Prep Dish
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service. When you sign up, you’ll receive an email every week with a grocery list and instructions for prepping your meals ahead of time. After only 1-3 hours of prepping on the weekend, you’ll have all of your meals ready for the entire week — gluten-free, dairy-free or Paleo, if you’d like! And the best part is the founder, Allison, is offering Make Light Show listeners a free 2-week trial to try it out. Check out PrepDish.com/light for this amazing deal!
Karen Walrond is a leadership consultant, speaker, bestselling author and award-winning photographer, whose work is all about leadership, self-determination and making light. You can learn more about her at KarenWalrond.com.