This week, instead of addressing a question that was sent in, I wanted to talk about self-care. Take a listen to hear why self-care and self-compassion aren’t just feel-good things to do, but actually imperative if we’re planning on changing the world for the better. (And of course, don’t forget to email me at email@example.com, if you’d like me to tackle any questions related to how to make light in your own lives!)
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Valarie Kaur’s excellent TED talk: 3 Lessons of Revolutionary Love in a Time of Rage
- Dr. Kristin Neff on Self-Compassion
- My blog post on Kristin Neff’s Self-Compassion Break
- My blog post on how to begin an art collection
- My favourite online app for meditating in the middle of the day, getting centred with my breath
Karen Walrond is a leadership consultant, speaker, bestselling author and award-winning photographer, whose work is all about leadership, self-determination and making light. You can learn more about her at KarenWalrond.com.