Parenting is hard enough – even when you’ve studied up on expert tips and have your diaper bag stocked and organized. But sometimes our most genius moments as moms and dads happen when we’re caught off guard – when we don’t have a clear-cut answer and have to rely on in-the-moment instinct and commonsense intuition.
That’s what Sarah discusses with author Asha Dornfest the first-ever BONUS interview episode of The Mom Hour! Join Sarah and Asha for a great discussion about learning to trust your instincts as parents, what it’s like to curate a community of differing opinions, and how Asha has made the transition from blogging to book writing to podcasting. Enjoy!
Links to all things #ParentHacks
- Purchase Parent Hacks: 134 Genius Shortcuts for Life with Kids on Amazon
- Why Asha thinks kids should do chores that aren’t 100% safe (ParentHacks.com), plus the Instagram photo that inspired the post
- The Edit Your Life show with Asha and Christine Koh
- The Art Of MacGyvering For Sleep-Deprived Moms And Dads (Asha’s interview on NPR’s All Things Considered)
- @AshaDornfest on Twitter and Instagram
- @ParentHacks on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
PS – Let us know how you like this interview format! As Sarah mentioned in the show, we’ll be adding BONUS interviews in about once a month going forward – and not at the expense of our usual weekly show.