UPDATE: Congrats to our winners! Holly F. and Amie A. have claimed their prizes. And a big thank you to MicroKickboard from sponsoring this giveaway!
Which holiday gifts will make your kids’ faces light up when they open them AND still be among their favorites years down the line? We share our picks for gifts that go the distance – for every age and every price range – in Episode 28. Join us!
We are thrilled to welcome Micro Kickboard as our sponsor for this episode! Micro Kickboard sells high quality scooters for every age group, and both Meagan and Sarah’s kids love their products. Keep reading (and listen to the podcast!) to find out how to win one of two scooters in time for the holidays!
Our 2015 Holiday Gift Guide!
We spent most of episode 28 talking about toys and gift for kids that get played with year after year (and kid after kid). Since we mentioned a TON of products and ideas during the podcast, we’ve tried to break them down by category here.
Amazon links are affiliates. Thank you for helping support The Mom Hour in this way!
Gift Guides & Resources
- 7 Toys Your Kids Will Still Be Playing With Next Christmas (Meagan and Sarah for The Happiest Home)
- Baby’s First Birthday Gift Ideas (Sarah for Scottsdale Moms Blog)
- We love Cool Mom Picks for their unique and often small-business friendly gift guides – here’s their 2015 guide!
- Our favorite catalogs: Magic Cabin, One Step Ahead, MindWare, Lakeshore, and Hearthsong
Gifts for babies & toddlers
- Sarah loves Fisher-Price Little People – the Fun Sounds Farm, and Builders sets like this one are a great precursor to Duplo and LEGO
- Little Tikes Cozy Coupe
- A crawl-through play tunnel like this one from Melissa & Doug
- Play kitchen (Sarah has one from Step 2 similar to this)
- Standing easel (Meagan loves this one from One Step Ahead)
Gifts for preschool & little kids
- The expensive-but-so-worth-it Magna Tiles
- LEGO Duplo starter sets like this one
- Schleich plastic animals like these dragons
- Inexpensive knock-offs of more expensive brands, like Li’l Woodzeez and Our Generation
- Doll house (Sarah loves this one from Melissa & Doug)
- Play silks from Magic Cabin
- Puppet theater
Gifts for big kids & teens
Other great stuff we talked about
- 7 ways to survive playing board games with your kids (Meagan for The Happiest Home)
- Meagan’s interview with Sarah Mackenzie on the Read Aloud Revival podcast
- The Overdrive app that connects you to your local library for digital lending, and the Kindle Lending Library for Amazon Prime subscribers
- Rebrickable, the site for LEGO lovers that provides instructions for new creations based on the sets you already own
Micro Kickboard Scooter Giveaway!
We are giving away TWO Micro Kickboard scooters to lucky podcast listeners! Here’s how to enter:
- Subscribe to The Mom Hour in your favorite podcast app (here’s how), leave us a rating or review (here’s how), like/follow us on social media (Facebook / Instagram / Twitter), or just tell a friend about our show. This is totally on the honor system! Thanks for the love, friends.
- Leave a comment below (this is your OFFICIAL entry) letting us know which of the above you’ve done AND specifying whether you’d like to win the Micro Mini (ages 3-5) or the Micro Maxi (ages 5-12) or if you’d be okay winning either one. Be sure the email address you provide is valid so that we can contact you if you win (email will not be published publicly).
Giveaway ends at 11:59pm ET on Wednesday November 25. US residents only. Winners will be contacted by email and announced here on the post once they claim their prize. To make sure our winners receive their scooters before the holidays, we ask for a response within 24 hours.