Milestones tend to be something moms think a lot about in the first year or two of motherhood. But kids keep developing (at their own pace, as we all know) and moms keep celebrating, wondering, and sometimes worrying about them long after the baby years are behind us.
In Episode 34 we tackle eight milestones from the preschool through teen years and share when and how our kids met them. We also talk about the importance of keeping conversations about milestones supportive, and how quickly they can slip into competitive or anxiety-inducing territory.
But first, Instagram
Two new additions to brag about in our houses! (Totally not babies. Not babies AT ALL.) Meet Scotty Cheesehands, Meagan’s new family pet, and see Sarah’s new (to her) Craigslist score of a piano.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 34
- Past episodes about babies and toddlers: Episode 19 and Episode 24
- Past episodes about ‘free range’ parenting and kids’ increasing independence: Episode 12 and Episode 13
We love hearing from you!
We love getting to know you. Here’s how to connect with us beyond the podcast:
- Leave a comment right here on this post and introduce yourself. We reply to every one.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get to know us better.
- Sent us an email email@example.com and tell us about yourself!
- Subscribe to the podcast (here’s how), or leave us a review letting us know how you’re liking the show (here’s how)