If you’re a longtime listener, you know that Meagan and Sarah like to occasionally set aside issues of parenting and family life and talk about all the other things making them happy: books, movies, podcasts, style, food, and creative pursuits. In this week’s show we kick off a new semi-regular series where we do just that. We’re calling it The More-Than-Mom Hour!
We’re thinking of doing an episode like this once every couple of months to give listeners a peek into what we’re watching, listening to, reading, creating, wearing, eating and thinking about. Let us know what you think!
Links we mentioned in Episode 66
- Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier
- The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow
- The Gift of Failure: How the Best Parents Learn to Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed by Jessica Lahey
- The Importance of Being Little: What Preschoolers Really Need from Grownups by Erika Christakis
- Dopamine by BØRNS (the band Meagan went to see)
- Spring Awakening (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
- NPR Politics Podcast
- The Girl Next Door Podcast
- #AmWriting with Jess & KJ
- Magic Lessons podcast and Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Target shorts! We’re pretty sure we both have these (left, below), and Sarah has some similar to these (right, below). Meagan was excited about the 4″ length options this season too.
- Fabletics tops and Victoria’s Secret lace bralets, similar to those pictured below