How do YOU calendar? Paper planner, digital calendar, color-coded dry erase board, or all of the above? In Episode 83 Meagan and Sarah share our strategies for keeping appointments, deadlines, and family schedules organized. We talk about the pros and cons of both paper and digital systems, offer suggestions for managing large families’ many commitments, and give you a peek into our own quirky way of thinking about a week at a glance. We also discuss to-do lists and we make them work for us. Join us!
Note: We mentioned a TON of tips and ideas in this episode and we’ve tried to include as many links as possible in the show notes. If you don’t see something you’re looking for, leave us a comment and we’ll dig it up!
Links we mentioned (or should have!) in Episode 83
Amazon links are affiliates and have been updated for 2018. Thanks for helping support the show in this small way at no additional cost to you!
- Sarah’s digital-to-paper calendaring system (as explained on the podcast, but in a blog post for The Happiest Home)
- Meagan’s thoughts on To-Do Lists and To-Dream Lists
- Our listeners had great ideas on Facebook and Instagram – click through to read their comments (and give us a “Like” while you’re there if you haven’t already!)
- Wunderlist – Sarah uses this for on-the-go list making and shared to-do lists (but completely forgot to mention it on the show – oops!)
- Sarah’s wall calendar
- Sarah’s Moleskine notebook
- Meagan’s favorite notebook
This week’s show is brought to you by Eversnap Photography. Eversnap helps you book a high quality, pre-vetted photographer for 50% cheaper and 10 times faster in 25+ cities across the country. With fast and easy booking, a talented base of photographers experienced in everything from portraits to events, and ZERO hidden fees, you can have your next party or family event professionally photographed for half the price of a traditional booking.
We worked with Eversnap to take some professional photos last month, and we love how they turned out! (Scroll down to the bottom of the post for more from our shoot!)
Eversnap is offering 20% off any booking for our podcast listeners. Just use code THEMOMHOUR at checkout! You can download their app wherever you shop for mobile apps, or head to eversnappro.com.
Take a peek inside…
Here are some photos of the systems we talked about in the show. (Meagan’s calendar isn’t pictured because, in her words, she just “looks at Google Calendar on my laptop at least 15 times a day” 🙂 )