We aren’t sure we’re saying the right things here. But after the events in Charleston earlier this month, we’re sure about one thing: silence isn’t an option.
In Episode 9, Meagan and Sarah discuss race and racism, talking with kids about differences, and some of the reasons that, according to research, white parents avoid talking about race with their children.
Here are some of the links we promised you in Episode 9:
- Racism Begins – And Ends – In The Home – Meagan’s essay at The Happiest Home
- Nurtureshock by Ashley Merryman and Po Bronson
- Cool Mom Picks’s roundup of essays and blog posts about Charleston (and Kristen and Liz’s new podcast, Spawned)
- Resources for talking to kids about race and racism – Kristen Howerton for The Huffington Post
- Hashtags to follow on Twitter, like #BlackLivesMatter and #StandWithCharleston
In this episode Meagan talked about Modcloth and their fantastic sale going on right now. Thank you for continuing to support The Mom Hour by checking out our sponsors and affiliates!
featured image: The All-Nite Images, via Flickr Creative Commons