Kids ages 6-12 can be hard to shop for, having outgrown the obvious little-kid toys but still young enough to enjoy creative play and good old fashioned fun. Meagan and Sarah offer suggestions for gift giving to big kids and tweens in this Cyber Monday Special Episode. Join us!
Stencil Revolution is a family-owned business that produces custom laser-cut mylar stencils for all your DIY and crafting needs. Get 25% off everything and free shipping on all orders over $30 from November 24-27, and check their website at https://www.stencilrevolution.com and Etsy shop for ongoing deals and specials.
Gift Ideas for Big Kids & Tweens
Amazon and Target links are affiliates. That means if you click through and make a purchase you’ll be helping support The Mom Hour at no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping us continue to produce the podcast!
- Slime-Making Kit (or whatever the ‘craft du jour’ is)
- Elenco Snap Circuits SC300 Electronic Discovery Kit
- Raspberry Pi Starter Kit (small affordable computer designed to teach programming)
- Big book of weird facts, like National Geographic’s 5000 Awesome Facts (About Everything!) or Ripley’s Believe It Or Not
- Blue Recluse Non Responsive Ball Bearing YoYo by KickFire Classics
- Shrinky Dinks
- Find a BLICK art store near you, or shop for fine art supplies at Target.com
- Magazine subscriptions (ASK from Cricket Media, Ranger Rick, Highlights and High Five)
- “Big kid” journal and good pen
- Mini LED Flashlights
- Can’t go wrong with classic stuffed animals
- Classic wristwatches, like this one from Timex
- Subscription box, like this one Owen LOVED: Wonderful Objects by Wonder and Company
- Perplexus Maze Ball