An easy little sundress is Meagan’s summer uniform, but she’s got some questions for Shana today: what dress styles are in (and which are getting tired?) What’s the most flattering cut for a mom’s body? How to jazz up a simple dress to take it beyond the beach? As usual, Shana’s got answers! Listen on for tips to inspire your summer dress collection (and beyond.)
Picks from today’s show:
- Shana swears by trapeze dresses and thinks they’re a more flattering cut for mom bodies than empire waists. Here’s a patterned Express trapeze dress she loves.
- The dress Meagan got on killer sale at Banana Republic – thick jersey that’s got enough gathers and shirring to be really flattering.
- Shana swears by white dresses for summer! Pair a sporty body-conscious white dress with sneakers, or a wear a pretty eyelet sundress with sandals or Birks.
- Shana’s favorite shade of spring lipstick? Bite Beauty lipstick in Zinfandel.
- If your hair is in that awkward growing-out phase, Shana swears by a deep wave iron. It’s like a crimping iron, only…not.
Other malarky from the show:
Ladies, take it from 13-year-old Meagan: there are good rompers and bad rompers. (But Meagan did manage to find a good one at Target! In 2015, not 1990.)