If you’re packing lunches for your kids this year, you might, like me, already be facing some logistical and creative hurdles. For example:
- How do I keep cold food safely cold?
- How do I keep warm foods appetizingly warm?
- How do I fit all these packed lunchboxes inside my already-stuffed fridge?
- And, how do I stay inspired while cranking out lunches day after day? Is there life beyond sandwiches?
In today’s episode of The Home Hour, Laura Fuentes, author of The Very Best Homemade Kids’ Lunches On The Planet and founder of lunch-planning subscription service Momables, answers all those questions and then some! (Also make sure to scroll to the bottom of this post to find out how to win a FREE three-month subscription to Momables!)
(Above links are affiliates – if you click and make a purchase, I will earn a commission.)
In this episode Laura and I also talk about:
- Laura’s strategy for packing breakfasts, snacks, AND lunches for her entire family!
- Her career before having kids, and how she ended up creating Momables
- What inspired Laura to make healthy, homemade lunches the focus of her blog and career
- Laura’s favorite containers, carriers and lunch boxes
- What it was like to appear on The Food Network’s Rewrapped (Want to find out if she won? Listen to the episode!)
Listen now! or keep reading for more resources I discussed with Laura AND a chance to win a three-month subscription to MOMables.com!
Some of the resources we discussed on the show:
- Easy Lunch Boxes – Laura loves these because they stack easily in the fridge and can be doubled up in the carrier for bigger eaters.
- Check out Laura’s comprehensive index of recipes, including allergy-friendly meals, snacks, breakfasts and lunches!
- Laura’s blog is also jam-packed with tips, like how to keep food warm in a thermos and how to prep an entire week’s worth of meals in an afternoon.
- Check out Laura’s new podcast, Momables Radio!
I loved talking with Laura and I know you’re going to get so much good stuff out of this episode!
After you listen to the show, just leave a comment below to be entered to win a three-month subscription to Momables. (I’d love to hear about your favorite part of our interview!)
The contest will close on Tuesday, September 16 at 10 PM EST and a winner will be notified via email within 24 hours. Winners have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be selected.
P.S.: If you liked this show, I’d LOVE for you to subscribe or leave a rating or review on iTunes. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit the podcast page here and click “View in iTunes.”
- From there you’ll see an option to subscribe, and all new episodes will download to your computer or device automatically. You’ll also see a tab in iTunes called Ratings and Reviews.