Are you having trouble meeting other moms or building a strong real-life social circle?
In today’s episode of The Home Hour Podcast, Sarah (who claims I hired her to be my friend – wait, that’s not quite right…) and I discuss strategies for meeting other moms and taking those acquaintances from rushed chats in the preschool pick-up line to real friendships, and the benefits of looking beyond the obvious (moms of kids your own kids’ ages) and finding friends from all backgrounds. I also share some of my strategies for getting over a dinner-making rut.
Listen now! Or scroll down for the iTunes link, to some of the links discussed in today’s show, or to find out how to become part of the show!
Here are links to the making-friends articles Sarah and I discussed, and the kitchen-amnesia post I mention during the intro:
- 5 tough-love principles for making friends with other moms.
- Why is it so hard to make mom friends? Solutions to 2 common obstacles
- How to Make Mom Friends (a roundup of all our posts on the topic)
- 5 Ways To Get Back In The Meal-Planning Groove
If you liked this show, I’d LOVE for you to subscribe or leave a rating or review on iTunes. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit the podcast page here and click “View in iTunes.”
- From there you’ll see an option to subscribe, and all new episodes will download to your computer or device automatically. You’ll also see a tab in iTunes called Ratings and Reviews.
One last thing: would you like to be part of The Home Hour Podcast? Now you can record your question or comment right here in your browser, using the microphone on your computer or device. Just follow the directions below and leave your message, and it might become part of a future show.