Should you fix a business that’s not broken…(yet?) How do you know when it’s the right time to jump on a new technology or opportunity, especially if what you’re already doing seems to be working? In episode 5.3 of LifeWork, Meagan and Dave discuss how to get a sense for what’s on the horizon, and why sometimes it makes sense to pivot or transition…even when what you’re doing seems to be working.
- Super-early adoption vs adopting at the right time
- The importance of not giving up too early, i.e. giving a business a chance to succeed
- How to add innovation and freshness to a stagnant business model
- Meagan shares her story of moving from magazine writing to blogging, then from blogging to podcasting and content marketing
- Changing your role within a business is one way to keep from getting bored and invest in your strengths, without abandoning a functional business model
- How the process of pivoting or transition can look different when you’re a solo entrepreneur vs. running a company with staff and assets