Do you have to choose between art and commerce, or sacrifice the things you’re passionate about in order to build a successful business? In episode 9 of LifeWork, Meagan and Dave discuss how to pursue the things you love while also earning an income, either by using work and financial planning to subsidize your outside interests or finding joy in business by incorporating the things you love doing best in your day to day work.
Links & Resources:
- Stop Trying To Make Money From Your Passion by Tara Gentile
- Mike Rowe: Don’t Pursue Your Passion. Chase Opportunity
- LifeWork Episode 6: Building a Muse Business with Alex Kravets of Cognitea
- LifeWork Episode 8: How Good Planning Can Set You Up To Follow Your Passions On The Side with Joe Nolan of Good Harvest Market
- LifeWork Episode 7: Do You Need A Side Hustle?
- Crush It by Gary Vaynerchuck
- Should Your Passion Be A Hobby Or Career? There’s Always An Option “C.”