Nick Ruffini is a professional drummer, entrepreneur and student of success. As host of the Drummer’s Resource podcast, Nick interviews the best pros in the world in his niche. He’s been featured in Modern Drummer, Drum! Magazine and all of the other top media in the drumming world. He’s also a former restauranteur.
In episode 10 of LifeWork, Dave and Nick discuss what it takes to make it in the music business, the importance of self-education, choosing happiness and more.
Discussion Points & Resources:
- Chris Sacca
- Making it in the music business
- How Nick started a podcast to learn from the best of the best in his niche
- The importance of self-education AND doing, not just learning
- Think and Grow Rich (Napoleon Hill)
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Timothy Ferriss)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change (Stephen R. Covey)
- Choose happiness now, and be present – don’t wait until you achieve the goal before you’re happy
- How consistency is a major key to success