What do we want? Freedom! When do we want it? At a time and place of our choosing!
After a month-long hiatus in which they both went “off the grid” on relaxing vacations, Meagan and Dave are back. In episode 15 of LifeWork, they discuss the systems and team they’ve had to put in place to make their businesses “vacationable,” and how to take that even further to become “fire-able.” They also talk about the incredibly fast-growing popularity of Pokémon Go and what entrepreneurs can learn from the phenomenon.
- Dave & Meagan describe their vacations and the preparation each did to make it possible to disconnect
- How making yourself “fire-able” makes your business more valuable
- Potential pathways to creating a business that doesn’t require you to run it
- The franchise model and how it can apply to a small business
- What if you don’t want to be fire-able? Staying involved in your business without performing your current role forever
- What the breakout success of Pokémon Go says about marketing, being in the right place at the right time, the future of gaming and augmented reality, and how businesses can cash in by luring players to play in their spaces
- Pokémon Go getting started guide