Pubic hair: to remove or not to remove? And detaching from relationships and expectations as self-care. In this episode we take a deep dive (ooph) into pubic hair and some of the challenges of hair removal in this delicate area, sharing our own experiences with lasers, waxing, shaving, trimming, and even Nair. We also chat with therapist B.J. Hickman about the psychological concept of detachment, and how we can care for others without losing ourselves.
In this episode, we talked about:
- Kristen swears by this bikini trimmer gadget for bikini hair removal without the unsightly bumps of shaving.
- Brave enough to try waxing at home? This kit from Amazon has good reviews.
- Are you a good candidate for laser hair removal?
- Melody Beattie wrote the quintessential book on detachment called The Language of Letting Go.
- Brene Brown’s book I Thought It Was Just Me is also an excellent guide to self-acceptance.
- Take a look at the history of hair removal.