ANSWER: Yes, and possibly more than you think.
Ready to earn money from your growing podcast? Let Meagan Francis and Sarah Powers, co-owners of Life, Listened and co-hosts of The Mom Hour podcast, share how they turned their mid-sized show into a full-time living, and how they’ve helped other independent podcasters launch and successfully monetize their shows.
How To Make Money Podcasting is an online course designed to walk you through the exact process we’ve used to take shows from zero listeners to profitable, and how you can enact the same process to monetize your podcast via advertising and sponsor partnerships.
You will learn:
- How to prepare your podcast to be sponsor-ready (and how to know you’re ready)
- How to find and land your first sponsors
- How to turn existing brand relationships into podcast advertisers
- How to convert PR pitches into paid sponsorships
- How to manage your production calendar to create a streamlined ad-delivery process
- How to price ads and/or create packages that leverage your blog, social media profiles and other assets
- How to negotiate with advertisers to get the best possible deal
- How to deliver an ad campaign that delights your sponsor and leads to renewals
- How to record ads your listeners will love, that feel like just another (valuable) part of your show
- The difference between direct selling and working with agencies (and how to maximize both options)
You will also learn:
- What a typical ad campaign looks like, from beginning to end (the pitch, negotiating rates and terms, the administrative process, working with the agency or brand to script your ads, how and where to place ads, and how and when to report download numbers)
- Why “industry standard” CPM models are probably not your best bet, and how to come up with a pricing structure that really represents the value your time, talent and audience bring to the table
- How to create systems that help you deliver great, accurate ad reads, with minimal fuss or stress
- How to create an effective media kit and rate sheet that tells potential sponsors why your show will be a great fit for their product or service
Your purchase of How To Make Money Podcasting will include:
- 6 modules, each with an instructional video and audio download, plus worksheets and checklists to help you absorb what you’ve learned and put it into practice
- 3 live Q&A calls (calls will be recorded so they can be downloaded later, and absent students will have an opportunity to send in questions ahead of time to have answered during the call)
- The opportunity to have your pitch or ad workshopped during one of the live calls
- Access to a private forum in which you can interact with other class members
As part of the course curriculum, you’ll also come away with templates and resources, such as:
- Customizable media kit & rate card template
- Sponsor page template
- Sample letter to sponsor
- Sample production calendar
- Sample listener survey – very valuable for demographic and listener behavior information for potential sponsors!
Ready to make money podcasting?
Start Date: Tuesday, February 4. Modules will be released once a week on Tuesdays.
Live calls during weeks 2, 4, and 6. Exact dates TBD. One live call will include Meagan and Sarah workshopping select participants’ media kits, sponsor pitches, or other materials.
Course Fee: $595