I had the pleasure of meeting Kelle Hampton (after admiring her blog from afar) last year, and just fell in love with her warm, down-to-earth, and hilarious personality. So I’m very excited to welcome Kelle to The Kitchen Hour as the guest on my first podcast! After hearing my interview, I’m sure you’ll agree: listen to Kelle talk for five minutes, and you’ll feel like you’ve known her your whole life.
In this podcast Kelle and l talk about:
- How to make celebrations a little more special – without spending a lot of money or time. Two of Kelle’s favorite shortcuts: pre-cut fondant cupcake toppers and cake decorations from Two Sugar Babies and the dollar bins near the Target entrance. She also loves scouring Pinterest for inspiration.
- Why parties don’t have to be complicated to feel magical to a child
- Last-minute ideas for turning an average playdate into a party
- How to keep from being a grumpy host
- Small touches that make guests feel pampered (and they don’t require artistic ability!)
- How no mom “does it all,” and ways to feel good about whatever you can do, right where you are in your life
- And while I’m not sure we talked too much about it, you’ll definitely want to check out Kelle’s book!